Runner's Dance

This is how it started:
I taped LEDs to myself

My strides were slightly affected by the constraints of the camera's long-exposure settings. Here's the first "shorter" stride, where I ran normally but tried to elongate the movements to make sure the camera observed a full sequence. It's not perfect; clearly, you can see a dismembered foot. First Stride

Through pacing trial and error, we observed this (and it felt much more natural): Almost-normal stride

And another good take: Longer Stride

Regardless of constraints (like shooting in daytime, 3 levels down in a parking garage), it came out quite well. It taught me that I have a (mostly) consistent stride that makes attractive patterns. I hope we can redo this with more accuracy in the future.

Thanks to Brendan for camera & cinematography. Warrior


Leave a Reply